NXS is a shapeshifting art-world of its own; a collaborative research project; an urge to trace to ever-evolving essence of the self in the digital age.
Comprehensive at heart, NXS—standing for nexus—unfolds as a biannual publication which functions in synch with cross-media platforms and happenings such as immersive exhibitions, performances, lectures and experimental educational content creation formats.
Throughout its varied manifestations, NXS generates sincere content through a cumulative effect. A manifold network of contributors—each responding to a preceding submission—digests large concepts into tangible bits via written word or visual artworks. The experimental approach is as accessible as it is deeply emotive: personal stories and experiences of digital sensuality are in open-dialogue, building up novel narratives beyond aloof theory and rationality. Interconnected but non-linear, tirelessly curious with no end-goal on its brain, NXS gets its cyber-feet wet in the winding waters that our perception of the self is.
For workshops, talks or other collaborative proposals get in touch through our contact page.
It’s Nice That
Talks and lectures
Exploration of the Synthetic Self
– Selam X / Berlin / JAN 2020
– Offprint / Paris / NOV 2019
The Autonomous Self in the Digital Age w/ Leaving Dakota & Blue the Collective
– Decoratelier / Brussels / OCT 2019
Culture & Social Issues
– AGI Open / Rotterdam / SEP 2019
The Publication as a Network
– WIELS / Brussels / SEP 2019
The Afterlife of Publications
– Urgent Publishing / Arnhem / MAY 2019
What is Research?
– Sandberg Institute / Amsterdam / APR 2019
– Fiber Weekend / Amsterdam / DEC 2018
The Universe Around the Publication
– Sprint / Milan / NOV 2018
The Collaborative Artwork
– Design Department Sandberg Institute / Amsterdam / OCT 2018
Design in the Posthuman Age
– Rhode Island School of Design / Providence / OCT 2018
Growing a New Internet
– Indiecon / Hamburg / SEP 2018
MagCulture Meets NXS
– MagCulture / London / JUN 2018
– Random Studio / Amsterdam / MAY 2018
Meet the Publishers
– Offprint / London / MAY 2018
– Progress Bar / Amsterdam / APR 2018
– IAM conference / Barcelona / APR 2018
Ways of Curating, Ways of Seeing
– Stedelijk Museum / Amsterdam / OCT 2017